Summer is not really the season for making snowmen, but it is the perfect season for melted snowmen. Make your own melted snowman with homemade puffy paint. It's easy to make, fun to use, and dries puffy.
I've also created a new printable activity page so you can create a Snowman Amuck melted snowman. Click here to download and print activity page
Give it a try, use your imagination and have fun!
What You Need
1 1/2 cups of shaving cream
1/2 cup of white glue (Elmer’s type)
1/4 cup flour
bowl and spatula
construction paper or similar
(optional: printed activity page, googly eyes, glitter, small black pom-poms)
1) If you want to create a Snowman Amuck melted snowman, print out the activity page and cut out the pieces for the eyes, nose and mouth on the right side of the sheet. Put them aside until you’re ready to use them.
2) In the bowl mix shaving cream, glue and flour. Use the spatula to stir together until blended.
|Stir shaving cream, glue, and flour together until blended.|
3) Scoop the puffy paint mixture into the plastic bag and snip off a corner of the bag.
4) Squeeze the puffy paint onto the paper, move it around with your finger or brush until it looks like melted snow. Alternately you can skip the plastic bag and just use the spatula to apply to the paper, then use your finger to spread and smooth it.
|Squeeze the puffy paint onto the paper. Use a brush or your finger to move it around.|
5) Now you can add the pieces you cut out from the activity sheet in step 1 or you can create your own by cutting out construction paper, using googly eyes, pom-poms, glitter, or anything else you can think of.
|While puffy paint is wet, add eyes, nose, and any other details.|
As you can see in the example below, the puffy paint will smooth out as it dries and look even more like melted snow.
|Puffy paint will smooth out as it dries.|
Paint will dry to the touch in a few hours and dries all the way through in about 24 hours. Recipe will make 2-3 snowmen.
And don't forget to download the Melted Puffy Paint Snowman activity sheet. It includes the recipe and directions for making puffy paint: Download Activity Sheet